This week on our member spotlight segment we speak with Eileen Foley. Eileen is a sports fanatic and can be found playing a multitude of sports throughout the year and still finds time to hit the gym hard. Eileen has a lovely demeanour about her and always goes about her business in a very unassuming way always attempting to shy away from the heavy stuff even though she is a total beast. Eileen, we love having you apart of our community and cant wait to see the improvements you make over the coming months.
- Name – Eileen Foley
- Age – 33
- Occupation – Picture framer
- How long have to been at Guerilla Fitness ? A year and 3 months.
- What do you enjoy about Guerilla ? I love heading into the gym, tuning out from the day you’re having and getting stuck into something different each day. The session is worked out for you, all you have to do is put on your runners and show up.
- What is your favourite and least favourite movements ? One of my favourites would be the overhead squat, I can’t hold much weight up there, but I like the challenge of trying to be in a better position every time you try it. My least favourite would be the burpee, need I say more.
- What is your biggest achievement so far ? I’m happy with finally being able to string 5 or 6 proper push ups together.
- What are your future goals ? Just carrying on getting a bit stronger all the time and I’ll try to stay injury free long enough for that to happen.
- Any advice for someone starting out or thinking of starting out with Guerilla. I think everyone says, ‘just give it a go’, but it is just so true, you will never know if it’s the place for you, until you try. I was alway curious and I’m very glad I made that first appointment.
- Tell us something we don’t know about you ? I’m still getting away with playing Camogie for Valley rovers and I play Rugby for Bandon.
- Who is your gym buddy that you love training with the most. I’m a bit all over the time table with my classes so I can be found suffering with the early morning crew or dying with the 6.15 heads, but of course I must say my housemate and friend, the cavan pocket rocket Edel always pushes me on in a Wod