Today we sat down with Niamh Hayes, our in house celebrity who works on the today show. You might recognise Niamh from their social media platforms also as she was made for the camera 😉 Niamh, despite being a pretty celeb apart of a national TV show, she is an absolute beast behind the beauty. Strong as an OX and a competitive rower Niamh really is the full package inside the gym and out !! Niamh is relatively new to us here in Guerilla but she been a great fit for the gym and community and I personally am excited to see how this girl can go with such raw strength and determination. Anywhay, here is the girl herself. Thank you for speaking with us today;
- Name – Niamh Hayes
- Age – 27
- Occupation Production Co-Ordinator/Stage Manager RTÉ Today Show
- How long have to been at Guerilla Fitness ? Three months
- What do you enjoy about Guerilla ? I love the fact that my health is the priority; that it is not about achieving short-term goals for the sake of it, but rather looking at how exercises/movements will benefit me and my health long-term
- What is your favourite and least favourite movements ? I am probably the only person in the world who likes burpees! Rowing is another favourite. Least favourite..the sled/prowler outside on the concrete!
- What is your biggest achievement so far ? Completing each of the Friday Night Lights workouts
- What are your future goals ? To become fitter, stronger, leaner!
- Any advice for someone starting out or thinking of starting out with Guerilla. Just do it! It has everything you could possibly want from a gym-structure, knowledge, fun, community, variation of workouts, fantastic coaches who know what they are talking about and will tailor to your ability
- Tell us something we don’t know about you ? I was a 3 star private in the Army Reserve for seven years
- Who is your gym buddy that you love training with the most. It has to be Edel McGovern. She was the one who introduced me to Guerilla and dragged me along to my first class! Unfortunately I don’t get to train with her too often but when I do, her strength and determination amaze me and give me that drive to push myself further in my workouts.