This week on our member spotlight we speak with Lisa Spillane. The entire Spillane household are members with us at Guerilla, husband Mike and little Ninja’s Jack and India all make up a super fit family. Lisa and all the family come to us all the way from BANTRY !!!! Making a simple job of getting to a class a very time consuming task, but we must be doing something right if the whole family come to us all the way from Bantry. Lisa has been working hard as of late overcoming some big imbalances which are holding her back in day to day life causing back problems, but she is making huge strides getting herself alot more structural sound while improving her strength and fitness massively. Lisa is a dream to work with as is all the family as she is super patient and understands what needs to be done and that good things don’t come over night. Thank you and all the family for being such a big part of our community and keep up the good work.
- Name – Lisa Spillane
- Age – 37
- Occupation office administrator/mom
- How long have to been at Guerilla Fitness ?
- 8 months
- What do you enjoy about Guerilla ? I really like that it doesn’t matter how fit or unfit you are, the trainers expect the same from everyone, that you do your best. I love the fact that it’s about the long term goals and being in it for the long haul. Brendan and Hilary really care about the members and are just as excited about seeing you achieve your goals as you are which also motivates you to do better.
- What is your favourite and least favourite movements ? The least favourite would have to be the rower, we are not friends as i seem to vomit or be close to vomiting each time we meet. My favourite movement has to be clean and jerk which i’ve been doing some work on with Hilary and really enjoying it.
- What is your biggest achievement so far ? Lifting 30kg over my head. I’m really proud of that as my upper body strength would be particularly weak so it was a big achievement for me.
- What are your future goals ? To stay injury free and to be able to train consistently. Also to get fitter and stronger along the way.
- Any advice for someone starting out or thinking of starting out with Guerilla. Just do it. I talked myself out of joining so many times until i eventually bit the bullet. I haven’t looked back since. The coaches are completely invested in their members and only want you to do well and the people i have met over the last few months are so welcoming and encouraging its like you have been there for years. I would encourage anyone thinking about joining to just do it. You will be in great hands and you won’t regret it.
- Tell us something we don’t know about you ? I am a black belt in Karate and in my teenage years i came third in the All Ireland of Karate.
- Who is your gym buddy that you love training with the most? I love getting into the Gym with my husband Michael, it’s rare when we can get there together so i really enjoy it when we can.